10 months ago
Advantages and disadvantages of Public Address (PA) system
A public address system gives you an immediate way to address everyone at a given location. Even though it’s a more traditional form of communicating to large groups of people, it still offers advantages over modern formats.
1. Public address systems easily cut through background noise: chatter, music, even loud local noises.
2. Whatever the speaker’s voice, that effect of capturing attention is the same. Having a good voice over loudspeaker is a bonus, but it isn’t crucial. This means that soft voices, shy voices, whatever it might be, will still come across to people as informational in nature.
3. You can text blast an area with a notification, but this tends to annoy customers, guests, and attendees. It also feels like a violation of privacy. Many people maintain very private settings on their phones. This means they won’t even get the text, and if they do, they’ll feel angry that their mobile device has been used this way.
4. A public address system is relatively easy to maintain. The technology has become modernized and installation can be done with a minimal footprint. Maintenance is straightforward, and someone can be trained to operate the system with ease. We even help you and your employees learn PA system training when we do our installations. We know PA system training on the front end will make sure you get the most out of your equipment.
5. Communication is crucial to the success of any large organization. With the invention of email and cell phones we can be in constant contact with our employees throughout the day, making communication seamless. Though they have been around for decades, PA or Public Address systems continue to play a vital role in communication. Loud, busy areas such as train stations, department stores and schools continue to rely on PA systems to communicate effectively with both groups and individuals.
6. PA systems are perfect for locating individuals in a large group. If you need to find a specific individual such as one particular student or customer but are unsure where they might be in the building then making an announcement over the PA system is one of the most efficient ways to locate them and give them your message.
1. Easily lead to whistle, much volume on the microphone.
2. Poor sense of sound.
3. System complexity, high cost.
4. Line array speakers for outdoor large-scale performances and design, recently there is a small product is suitable for indoor. It is characterized by sharp directivity, each speaker only vertical radiation angle of 10 to 30 degrees and the angle of the speaker can be precisely adjusted, per journey times from attenuation to 3dB. It is suitable for demanding large-scale multi-function hall meeting.
5. When two speakers equal distances greater than 17 meters, which is the sound reaches the ear time difference is greater than 50ms, the system must be added to "delay." Otherwise it will produce a sense of reverberation, the sound could not hear.